First Day of School (Round Two) Update

 I know it has only been three days since I last posted on this blog, but it feels so much longer. In that time, I got to know my host family, settled into my room, and visited the school for the first time.


My travels on Thursday and Friday were extensive but a fun experience. I left Wisconsin at about 12:30 p.m. CST and arrived in Ghana at about 7:30 p.m. local time the next day. I had three flights and two layovers before I arrived here, so I was lucky to spend most of my weekend resting and preparing for this experience. Luckily, the biggest hiccup in my travel was one delay on my last flight!


I have been having fun in this experience! I have gotten to eat so much good food and try super fresh bananas, papayas, and pineapple. I have been spending most of my time inside so the heat doesn't bother me, but I've been getting more used to eating spicy foods. The food here is delicious and it is fun to try new things every day.


My first day at the school today was fun! I had some meetings with a variety of people, and then I got to sit in on a class and watch a STEM competition. The people are all so kind and I felt very welcomed and excited to spend more time there. I helped decorate for an event after school was finished and it felt nice to be able to help some teachers and school staff in that way.


I have a busy week ahead of me as I transition to a school schedule in this new-to-me time zone. I will try to post regularly. I do not have any pictures to add to this post, because I have been enjoying the moments without my phone camera out, but I hope to have pictures to add soon!



Comments

Popular Posts