Week 6

It has been another wonderful week in Ghana! I have gotten to try new things and experience a different aspect of schooling here. I only have two weeks left here, so I am trying to enjoy and see as much as I can!

My view of the ocean last weekend


Last Sunday, I spent time resting and preparing for the week ahead of me. I watched a few Christmas movies and did some laundry. I have really gotten to enjoy having one day a week to just relax and recharge for the week ahead. I have a very busy schedule while at SNC, but will be more mindful about taking time to rest in the future.

The students had exams this week. Exams at the school last for about ten days, and students take between one and three exams a day. When they are not in an exam, they study for their upcoming exams. I was allowed to help and invigilate a few exams where I ensured that students were following exam procedures during exams. The rest of the time, I helped my cooperating teachers with paperwork. Even though I miss teaching, this work is meaningful and gives me exposure to another aspect of teaching. The students are used to taking the exams which is helpful as it makes the process run smoothly. Spending so much time with other teachers this week meant that I got to know some of them better, and it has been wonderful to talk to them and learn more about them.



I had a few other exciting things happen this week. I got the rest of my clothes back from the tailor and I love all of my homemade clothes! It has been so much fun to pick out my own fabric and styles and to get clothes made that make me happy. I also got to try a new food called egg stew, and it was delicious!

My goal for this week is to take more memorable pictures to help me remember my time here. I haven't taken many photos but I want to take more.

Today is Farmer's Day here. It is a bank holiday so I have the day off of school. This holiday is intended to celebrate and honor farmers for their hard work, as agriculture is a large part of the culture and economy here. I am grateful for the day off and am glad that I got to learn about this holiday.





Comments

Popular Posts